Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day 6

Pasta.  Gives me all the energy I need for 7 hours of cycling, cooks ready to go in 11 minutes, and costs $1 per pound.  What more could you want?  I'll need it for the ride tomorrow!  (see below).



My Shimano Sora trucker hat.  Its bright orange and completely tacky as can be.  To appreciate why its awesome takes a little knowledge about bike parts.  It is kinda like going to a car enthusiast show and wearing a really ugly hat that has a Ford Pinto on the front.  It was given to me, so it was free which essentially tops the reasons why its so great.  Sometimes the best things you have in life cost nothing.  I have so many things like that, I feel really lucky :).

The San Luis Rey Road Race, 2014.  I had the pleasure of duking it out with my fellow 30+ cat4/5 racers today for 44 miles, and was totally drained for 99% of it.  But it was a really pretty day out in east county and I'm happy to be healthy enough to participate in such events.  Its been a cycling filled weekend, hence all the cycling posts :).




No comments:

Post a Comment